MITS (Manufacturer Interstate Takeback System) recycled over 45 million pounds of electronics in 2011 and expects to recycle over 60 million pounds in 2012. We offer compliance solutions for our clients in every state, whether or not legislation is in effect. In most cases our administrative solutions come at no added cost to our manufacturing partners as we negotiate the lowest pricing due to our established network of partners.
Clients Benefit from Economies of Scale MITS Preferred Network of recyclers are available in every state with current legislation. The network continues to expand as new laws are introduced throughout the country. Clients will benefit with lower recycling pricing due to volume discounting.
Real Time Status Reporting Online Reports can be accessed anytime via the secure MITS online portal. Reporting features include:
- Volume requirement to volume recycled calculator – know exactly what you need to recycle vs. what has already been recycled
- Payables/price per pound/per state – know what you’ve paid, and what you still need to pay in every state at the click of a mouse
- Source documentation – know exactly what you are paying for!
- Brand Sampling Details – Coordination with department representatives, 3rd party auditors and recycling partners to produce required quarterly sampling reports.
Detailed Source Documentation Eliminating Fraud The MITS program includes the most detailed source verification system on the market, enabling our manufacturing partners to view exactly what kind of material they are paying to recycle, where it came from, who transported it, who recycled it, and the total volume in pounds of all recycled materials. Each of these reports are readily available online and included with each invoice.
Data cells required include: Method of collection, date of collection, address, consumer information ( if requested and applicable), category of covered devices, weight of covered devices, rural vs. non-rural classification and executed certificates of processing.
Customized Proprietary Software Designed and developed exclusively for MITS, our customized online application can be securely accessed by our manufacturing partners, state regulators and processing partners. Some of the functionality includes:
- E-Mail alerts to remind you when key paperwork is due in every state.
- Pre-populated templates make filing your documents simple.
- A unique on-line database of legislative and recycling information gives your company multiple user access to state run programs and your company data.
- A document library exhibiting hundreds of the latest regulations, regulation amendments, plans and department forms.
- Detailed reporting, with the ability to sort by preferred category.
On Demand Customer Service from Industry experts Our staff is available via phone or email at anytime to answer any questions regarding legislation, deadlines, latest news and reporting requirements. By utilizing our years of experience in producer responsibility, the MITS program eliminates costs associated with additional internal overhead, missed deadlines, software development and the administrative burden of reporting and plan drafting.
Listing of 2,400 Convenient Drop Off Locations As a courtesy to the consumer, E-World Online provides a handy guide to locations across the country that offers electronics recycling options. Consumers simply type in their zip code and will be provided the location, distance and map view of the drop off locations in their area. This function fulfills all state requirements.
A Customized Mail Back System Compliant for 50 States Required in order to fulfill manufacturer responsibility in multiple states. MITS has an easy to use mail back system which meets the criteria in every state. The mail back program is fully administered and utilizes recyclers in the MITS Preferred Network.
- Simple zip code entry initiates service
- Prepaid mailing label
- Boxes provided upon request
Automated Calendar Detailing Key Events and Deadline MITS software delivers real time alerts relating to state regulatory deadlines via email.
- Key deadline dates apply in every state, and include, but are not limited to submission of registration, state plans, sampling reports, annual reporting, invoicing and volume updating.
alerts include not just the deadline dates, but a series of action items leading up to the deadline date along with relevant documents. .